Search help

Item Details

Tuscarora Presbyterian Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Martinsburg, WV
Denomination Presbyterian Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes This historic old church was built prior to 1745 by Scotch Irish Presbyterians. The first pastor-Reverend Hugh Vance-is buried here. During the days of the Indian Uprisings, the worshippers hung their guns on pegs in the wall while they sang and prayed.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...