Search help

Item Details

Trinity Episcopal Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Edisto Island, SC
Denomination Episcopal Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes Established in 1788. Presbyterians and Episcopalians worshipped together from an early time in a common chapel. Separate church built in 1841 which burned in 1876 having been used as a Confederate cavalry headquarters in the war. Newest church built in 1881 at the cost of $2,000.00.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...