Search help

Item Details

Elysburg United Methodist Church
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateElysburg, PA
DenominationMethodist Church
SubjectFine Arts
Notes1855 - 1983 Between 1791 and 1855 the Elysburg Methodist Congregation was organized through the efforts of Bishop Asbury and other in the area. The first church building, a one-story structure, stood where the Village Apartments are located on West Center Street. This facility was used until the present site was available. The cornerstone for the present building was laid on September 20, 1885. The Rev. H. B. Fortner was pastor. The original building has been remodeled and additions made during the pastorates of Reverends Ripple, Lawson, Bender, Hickok and Wynn. In 1983 the Church voted to expand the social hall and brick the church. The Consecration Service was held on November 13, 1983. The Rev Kenneth E. Gelzhiser is the pastor.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...