Search help

Item Details

Cathedral Square
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateCleveland, OH
DenominationCatholic Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesThe Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist was built by Bishop Amadeus Rappe and dedicated on Nov. 7, 1852. The Cathedral was rebuilt and enlarged by Archbishop Edward F. Hoban, and consecrated on Sept. 6, 1948. It follows the French Gothic lines of the original. The entire Cathedral Square - Cathedral, Rectory, Chancery Building and St. John College - is constructed of harmonizing Tennessee Crab Orchard Stone.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...