Search help

Item Details

Old Fort Herkimer Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Herkimer, NY
Denomination Reformed Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes This excellent example of Colonial architecture built in 1740 is still in use today as a place of worship. Erected by the early palatine settlers, the stone walls of the church were used as fortifications in the French and Indian War. General Herkimer attended church here and it was also used as a meeting place for the early settlers of the area.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...