Search help

Item Details

Trinity Church
Description2 pages
City, StateNew York, NY
DenominationEpiscopal Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesBroadway and Wall St. Founded 1697. Present edifice erected 1846. High Altar and Reredos. Dedicated on June 29, 1877, to the memory of William B. Astor by his sons John Jacob and William. The Altar itself is constructed of pure white statuary marble, with shafts of Lisbon red marble dividing the front and sides into panels. The reredos is perpendicular Gothic in keeping with the style of the church and is constructed of Caen stone. Frederick Clark Withers, architect.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...
Open Alternate Viewer