Search help

Item Details

Trinity Church as enlarged in 1737
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateNew York, NY
DenominationEpiscopal Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesBroadway and Wall St. The first church, after being enlarged. First opened for services on March 13, 1698 and enlarged in 1737. It was described as, "one of the largest and most splendid churches in the country, being 146 ft. in length, 72 ft. in width, with a noble spire of 180 ft. in height." The building was in use until 1776, when it was destroyed in the great fire.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...
View Fullscreen