Search help

Item Details

The First Presbyterian Church
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateNew Providence, NJ
DenominationPresbyterian Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesThe first church to stand on this site was a log building erected in 1737 shortly after Turkey, as the town was then called, was settled. The name was changed to New Providence in 1778 when the galleries in the old church fell just after the congregation had left the building.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...