Search help

Item Details

Hancocks Bridge Meeting House
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Hanscocks Bridge, NJ
Denomination Society of Friends
Subject Fine Arts
Notes This Quaker Meeting House was built in 1756 on land deeded to the Friends by William Hancock who was later slain by the British. The interior has been carefully maintained in its original condition. The building is open to the public Sunday afternoons during July and August.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...