Search help

Item Details

The Tabernacle Baptist Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Raleigh, NC
Denomination Baptists
Subject Fine Arts
Notes has been an intricate part of Raleigh history since its organization in 1874 on Swain Street. It moved to the corner of Person and Hargett Streets in 1881 and was soon designated as The Tabernacle Baptist Church. The City of Raleigh recognized Tabernacle as an historic site in 1979. The move to its new location at 8304 Leesville Road occurred in July 2001. (The church had accepted an offer of purchase for the church property and is now known as the Longview Center. It serves as an interfaith facility used for weddings, musical performances and conferences."
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...