Search help

Item Details

The 14 Stations of the Cross at Assumption Chapel
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateCold Spring, MN
DenominationCatholic Church
SubjectFine Arts
Notes1884 Father Francis X. Piers offers first mass in this vicinity. 1877 Father Leo Winter, O.S.B. erects a chapel in honor of the Assumption of B.V.M. to avert grasshopper plague. 1894 June 28, tornado destroys chapel. 1951 chapel was rebuilt during pastorate of Father Victor Ronellenfirsch, O.S.B. by members of the community and friends.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...