Search help

Item Details

St. Paul's Episcopal Church
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateAugusta, GA
DenominationEpiscopal Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesThe First St. Paul's was built in 1750 - This historical site originally was Fort Augusta erected in 1735 by General Oglethorpe. In 1818 the site was conveyed to trustees of the Episcopal Church, who constructed a new church destroyed by fire in 1916, and replaced by the present building.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...