Search help

Item Details

Epsicopal Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State St. Augustine, FL
Denomination Episcopal Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes Trinity Episcopal Church, at the corner of St. George and King Streets, is the oldest Episcopal church in Florida, the present parish having been organized in 1821. The first permanent church building was completed in June, 1831, and from time to time alterations were made until 1902 when it was entirely remodeled. It is now of cruciform shape with several handsome memorial windows, and has a seating capacity of about 500. The site is historic, a mission church having occupied it during England's possession of Florida.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...