Search help

Item Details

Epworth Methodist Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Rehoboth Beach, DE
Denomination Methodist Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes Epworth Methodist Church was organized September 14, 1897, as the offspring of the Methodist Camp Meeting Association, which was organized in 1872. It was built in the western part of Rehoboth at 95 Rehoboth Avenue, and its name was suggested by Commodore William H, Shock, of the United States Navy. It was moved to its present location, 22 Baltimore Avenue, in august 1913, when Scott Methodist Church was destroyed by fire. Two additions have been made, the first in 1913 and second in 1944. The first pastor was Rev. J. R. Reese. The present membership is four hundred sixty.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...