Search help

Item Details

L. D. S. Tabernacle, Brigham City, Utah
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Brigham City, UT
Denomination Mormon Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes It is used by 15 ecclesiastical wards for religious and cultural purposes. Originally completed in 1890, it was destroyed by fire Feb. 7, 1896, then rebuilt within a year, as the walls had resisted the fire. A modernization program completed in 1952 included a 1000-pipe organ. The architecture of the tabernacle, built of native stone and local materials, is very unusual. From its location water runs in three directions.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...