Search help

Item Details

Church of Prince George Winyah
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Georgetown, SC
Denomination Episcopal Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes The Episcopal Parish of Prince George Winyah was founded in 1721 and named in honor of King George II. The building was erected with brick brought from England. British troops used the church as a horse stable and partially burned it during the Revolutionary War.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...