Search help

Item Details

The Second Edifice of Trinity Church
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State New York, NY
Denomination Episcopal Church
Subject Fine Arts
Notes After the original edifice, erected in 1698, had been destroyed in the Great Fire of 1776, a new edifice was begun on the same site in 1788, and consecrated by Bishop Provoost in 1790 in the presence of distinguished company including President Washington. This building was taken down in 1841 to make room for the present Church building.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...