Search help

Item Details

Sacred Heart Convent and Academy
FormatPostcard
Description2 pages
LanguageEnglish
City, StateLisle, IL
DenominationCatholic Church
SubjectFine Arts
NotesThe left division of the building comprises the Convent of the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart, founded in 1895. The rest of the structure includes the Sacred Heart Academy, established in 1926, with boarding accommodations for 150 high school girls. Not shown on the picture are the north wing comprising the Chapel and the Auditorium and an east wing comprising the Gymnasium and the Music Conservatory.
CollectionJames R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
ContributorPrinceton Theological Seminary
RightsCopyright Not EvaluatedCopyright Not EvaluatedDigitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...
Switch to low bandwidth mode