Search help

Item Details

Colony School
Format Postcard
Description 2 pages
Language English
City, State Bishop Hill, IL
Subject Fine Arts
Notes Built 1860. Used for classes until 1952. The bell in the cupola was purchased by Janson, leader of Colonists, to call the Colonists to devotions and meals. Owned by the Bishop Hill Old Settlers Assn. and used as a community building.
Collection James R. Tanis Collection of Church Postcards
Contributor Princeton Theological Seminary
Rights Copyright Not Evaluated Copyright Not Evaluated Digitized collections are made accessible for purposes of education and research. More...